Saturday 17 November 2012

A Lot Can Happen In The Woods: A Fairy Tale Companion

I have a child in my class on an IEP with modified curriculum.  She loves participating in our Word Work activities at the beginning of the day.  But by after morning recess she no longer has the attention span to remain in class without a break.  So I created this resource to be used with her EA to address the curriculum expectations that are on her IEP but she would be missing in the classroom.

I was inspired by a TpT resource I purchased: Stephanie Kinley's Goldilocks Literacy and Writing Fun!  It is a great resource and complement to these fairy tale printables.

My resource can be found at my TpT store and is aptly called: A Lot Can Happen In The Woods.  Enjoy!

 
 
 
 
Explore 6 popular fairy tales with graphic organizers, flip books, Venn diagrams, word sorts, highlighting, drawing, writing, cut + pasting:
  • retell stories
  • sequence stories
  • beginning, middle, end
  • story vocabulary
  • high-frequency words
  • write sentences
  • compare characters
  • compare fairy tales

No comments:

Post a Comment